Ever since the COVID-19 pandemic, businesses worldwide have become more dependent on technology. But this has also positively impacted business and has revolutionized the way companies operate today. According to a survey, nearly 74% of marketers believed that automating saved time. Of which, 68% said that it led to enhanced customer engagement, and 58% thought it improved communications within their business and opened up new opportunities for them. These businesses also include salons constantly striving towards incorporating technologies in their daily operations.
This process can prove to be slightly tricky as salons directly deal with customers and personal interaction is a crucial component of operating a salon. However, given the pandemic’s restrictions, many salons have found ways to incorporate technology into their day-to-day activities. This has not only positively impacted their business performance but has also improved their customer satisfaction. Read on to find out about the benefits of using technology in your Salon and how to do so.
How incorporating technology in your Salon can be a gamechanger?
One of the many ways salons are using technology today is by automating their operations. This includes automating client intake as well as other mundane tasks. Here are some advantages of incorporating automation in salons.
- Saves time- Business automation is a great tool to reduce your time on mundane tasks, like setting up appointments manually. You can quickly speed up your business processes using the right software.
- Managing inventory- as a salon owner, one of the most challenging things to keep track of is inventory. In addition to adhering to your client’s needs, personally checking up on your list can be an additional task. But with automation tools, inventory management becomes a breeze. You can easily track what is required and how far in advance you need to place an order.
- Customer retention– as a business owner, it is crucial to keep your clients happy and retain your customer base. And that happens only when you develop a relationship with your clients that ensures they stay loyal to your brand. You can avoid the hassles of double booking and be a business that respects your and your client’s time by using client automation tools.
- Business personalization- When creating your brand, it is essential to make it as original and authentic as possible. Using tools helps you handle your business operations with a breeze, and you can focus on creating a brand identity that will pay off in the long run.
Ways to automate client intake for Salon
Now that you know how automation can level up your salon management, here are a few ways to include automating client intake for your Salon.
- Automated confirmations and reminders- One of the biggest challenges salon owners face is last-minute cancellations and no-shows. And one of the best ways to avoid that situation is by automating client intake and sending reminders to your clients in a timely fashion so they can confirm their appointment. This is a great way to save time for the business.
- Contactless checkouts- With the COVID-19 pandemic, contactless checkouts have become a significant necessity for almost all businesses. Even though your services might adhere to the COVID-19 protocols, incorporating contactless payments can be an added benefit for your Salon. Client automation tools also allow you to carry out such operations safely and securely.
- Better client engagement- To gain the trust of your clients as well as to understand their likes and dislikes, using an automated client intake technology can be a gamechanger. It can make it easier to understand the clients’ requirements and help you adjust your Salon accordingly.
- Client convenience- As mentioned before, client retention is crucial to any business. Hence, to boost your sales and make your clients comfortable, incorporating memberships and packages can be a great way to retain your clientele. It also serves as an added source of income.
- Suggestive selling – As a business owner, your aim should be to maximize your profits and client satisfaction. Most client automation tools use suggestive selling to recommend other related products and services to your clients during checkout. This can be a great way to familiarise your clients with the products and services you offer whilst providing them with personalized recommendations that suit their needs.
- Rewards for your clients- As a salon owner, chances are you will regularly make small talk with your clients. Reward their support to your business by offering reward points whenever they buy your product or service. This will also enable you to increase client engagement and retention and will also serve as an incentive for clients for trusting your salon.